News, donations and events related to our focus on diabetes.
- Tangible action to prevent diabetes
- Fewer than eight per cent of Canadians can identify risk factors for diabetes
- Giving diabetes the boot
- Hockey legend Doug Gilmour shines spotlight on diabetes prevention and care
- Toronto General and Toronto Western Hospitals
- University of British Columbia (UBC)
- Kingston General Hospital (KGH)
- Mid-Toronto Community Services
- Hospital for Sick Children (SickKids) Foundation, Toronto
- University of Winnipeg
- Diabetes: 21st Century epidemic with almost 40 per cent of Canadian lives touched by disease
- Preventing Type 2 diabetes in Quebec
- Diabetes in Canada
Donations in action
At Sun Life Financial, we have made diabetes our main philanthropic health focus. View videos and photos to learn more.
Mary De Paoli, EVP, P&CA and CMO, and Kevin Dougherty, President, Sun Life Financial Canada (second from right), present a cheque for $5 million to Dr. Michael Baker, University Health Network (centre) in support of diabetes research, prevention, care and education.
[JPG, 67 KB]
Robert Dumas, Josée Dixon, Stéphane Vigneault and Marie-France Lafleur, members of the Quebec Leadership Team, helped serve the soup at our public diabetes screening clinic.
[JPG, 154 KB]