The Sun Life Canadian Health IndexTM provides a comprehensive snapshot of the attitudes, perceptions and behaviours of Canadians relating to their health. It's based on a landmark coast-to-coast survey of over 2,400 adults conducted by Ipsos Reid and commissioned by Sun Life annually.
Forty per cent of Canadians facing financial hardship after serious health event
Sun Life Canadian Health Index™ reveals Canadians aged 45 to 54 hardest hit by unforeseen healthcare costs
- Many Canadians expect to pay nothing for health services
- The financial effects of a major health event
- One in five Canadians is not financially prepared for bad health
View the full Sun Life Canadian Health IndexTM report [PDF, 12 pages, 943 KB].
Information about Sun Life
- Sun Life company overview
Find out about Sun Life's operations internationally with this fact sheet.
[PDF, 2 pages, 176 KB]
- Sun Life's Canadian operations overview
Find out about how Sun Life helps Canadians achieve financial security.
[PDF, 2 pages, 427 Ko]
- Visit our global site at www.sunlife.com.
If you're a member of the media and would like to discuss the Canadian Health Index with a Sun Life Financial spokesperson, please contact Corporate.Marketing.and.Communications@sunlife.com.
My financial health
Resources for employers