Group Critical Illness Insurance
Coverage without any medical questions
Depending on size of your company, your employees, and their spouses, may be able to get up to $50,000 of CII coverage simply by filling out a short form. And, their children can each get up to $20,000 in coverage. There’s no requirement for any medical tests or health background to be provided.
Employees who would like to apply for more coverage (as much as $200,000) would need to complete a health questionnaire for our evaluation.
This type of coverage at your group rates is available only through an employer-sponsored plan.
Coverage is available to your employees, their spouses and their dependent children. Employees just need to be a Canadian resident between the ages of 18 and 65 and actively at work.
Employees will appreciate the value that the Optional CII benefit can provide in protecting them and their families. What’s more, payment from a CII claim won’t impact a member’s other benefits. Optional CII is paid independently of all other benefits.
What does it pay for?
How an employee spends this money is completely up to them. They can cover everyday expenses, pay for medical treatment, modify their home – the choice is theirs. They could even use the benefit to supplement income if a loved one needs to take time off work to care for them.
Optional CII allows your employees to pay for unexpected healthcare costs and the treatment they need without:
- having to borrow money
- run up credit card debt
- cash-in valuable retirement savings
What can we offer you?
- A no-medical-test plan. You may be able to offer your employees an Optional CII plan that requires no medical information at all. Talk to us to learn more.
- Portable coverage. If a member leaves your group plan, he or she may be able to keep up to $100,000 of Optional CII coverage by notifying us within 31 days of leaving. They’ll simply be asked a few health questions over the phone, to help determine the level of coverage they qualify for. There’s no need for a medical exam, and no appointment is necessary.
- A living benefit. The lump-sum benefit is paid even if the member makes a full recovery.
- Best Doctors® services.Adding more value to the plan, Optional CII can provide your member with access to a second opinion medical service that can help assist members in their assessment and recovery plan.
- Child coverage. Plan members can protect each of their children with up to $20,000 of coverage. Children are covered for the same illnesses as the parents, plus 6 additional child-specific illnesses. One price covers all children!
We have a team dedicated to supporting your voluntary benefits needs. Please contact Voluntary benefits for more information about Optional Critical Illness Insurance.