Extended Health Care (optional)
This benefit helps employees and their dependants pay for necessary medical expenses that aren't covered by their provincial plan. There's a choice of annual deductible amounts that employees pay before the benefit kicks in, and also a choice of reimbursement levels for drugs. Some covered services have annual maximums.
Extended Health Care coverage includes:
- Prescription drugs.
- Semi-private hospital accommodation.
- Medical services and equipment, including private duty nursing, ambulances, laboratory tests, artificial limbs, hearing aids, and other items.
- Professional Health Services (up to an annual maximum amount), covering certain licensed paramedical specialists such as chiropractors, podiatrists, psychologists and masseurs.
- Medi-Passport emergency travel assistance, which includes doctors' services, hospital expenses, emergency medical transportation and family support services, when employees travelling out of the province or country have a medical emergency.
- Vision care is an optional add-on that helps pay for the cost of prescribed contact lenses and eyeglasses.
To find out more, complete the request for information form.