Sun Life MFS McLean Budden equity funds revised investment guidelines
August 19, 2013
Plan sponsors may wish to consider whether this investment update has any implications for the investment options available within their plan. Sun Life Assurance Company of Canada purchases units of the funds listed below which are established as segregated funds in accordance with the Insurance Companies Act (Canada).
Effective May 2013, Sun Life Global Investments (Canada) Inc. (SLGI Canada) made revisions to its investment guidelines for the following seven MFS McLean Budden foreign equity funds offered on Sun Life Financial's core investment platform:
- Sun Life MFS McLean Budden U.S. Value
- Sun Life MFS McLean Budden U.S. Growth
- Sun Life MFS McLean Budden U.S. Equity
- Sun Life MFS McLean Budden International Value
- Sun Life MFS McLean Budden International Growth
- Sun Life MFS McLean Budden Global Value
- Sun Life MFS McLean Budden Global Growth
Summary of Recent Key Changes:
- Updated the maximum investment in a single issuer to be consistent across all funds.
The maximum investment in any one issuer is limited to the greatest of 5% of the portfolio or 1½ times the benchmark weight. Investment in a single issuer must not exceed the maximum set within National Instrument 81 – 102. This maximum is currently set at 10% (this excludes government bonds).
- Clarified maximum cash allocation guidelines.
The funds shall be fully invested under normal circumstances (may go over due to transactional or defensive purposes), with a maximum target cash allocation of 5% for the U.S. Growth, International Growth and Global Growth funds and 10% for the U.S. Value, International Value, Global Value and U.S. Equity funds.
Other minor editorial changes were made throughout the document.
SLGI Canada's investment guidelines outline the investment objectives, risk factors, strategies and guidelines for the investment funds managed by SLGI Canada. A copy of the revised investment guidelines is available on the Sun Life Financial Plan Sponsor Services website.
Please contact your Sun Life Financial Group Retirement Services representative.