Jarislowsky Fraser Ltd. Revised SIP&G
January 6, 2014
Plan sponsors may wish to consider whether this investment update has any implications for the investment options available within their plan. Sun Life Assurance Company of Canada purchases units of the funds listed below which are established as segregated funds in accordance with the Insurance Companies Act (Canada).
Effective September 2013, Jarislowsky Fraser Limited (Jarislowsky Fraser) has revised its Statement of Investment Policy and Guidelines (SIP&G) for the following funds offered on Sun Life Financial’s core investment platform:
- Jarislowsky Fraser Balanced Fund
- Jarislowsky Fraser Global Balanced Fund
- Jarislowsky Fraser Canadian Equity Fund
- Jarislowsky Fraser U.S. Equity Fund
- Jarislowsky Fraser Global Equity Fund
- Jarislowsky Fraser International Equity Fund
The SIP&G was updated as follows:
- Removal of all reference to derivatives within the Jarislowsky Fraser Pooled Fund Policy Guidelines. The firm has not and will not use derivatives in any of its funds.
- Removal of reference to the permitted investment of the Jarislowsky Fraser International Special Equity Fund.
Instead of creating a separate fund for emerging market purchases, Jarislowsky Fraser have been investing directly in emerging market stocks.
The Jarislowsky Fraser International Special Equity Fund is an underlying component of the Jarislowsky Fraser Global and International Equity Fund; Jarislowsky Fraser International Equity Fund is an underlying component of both the Jarislowsky Fraser Balanced Fund and the Jarislowsky Fraser Global Balanced Fund.
The revised SIP&G for all funds managed by Jarislowsky Fraser is available on the Plan Sponsor Services website at www.sunlife.ca/sponsor. The SIP&G outlines the iAnvestment objectives, strategies and guidelines. When logged into the website, under the Administration and reporting tab, select Group Retirement Services, then on the top navigation menu select Investments > Governance reports.
Please contact your Sun Life Financial Group Retirement Services representative.