Addition to the Invesco Trimark Fixed Income team
April 14, 2014
Plan sponsors may wish to consider whether this investment news has any implications for the investment options available within their plans. Sun Life Assurance Company of Canada purchases units of the funds listed below, which are established as segregated funds in accordance with the Insurance Companies Act (Canada).
Invesco Canada Ltd. (Invesco) recently announced the addition of Albert Ngo as a Vice President on the Trimark Fixed Income team effective January 20, 2014. This follows the September 2013 announcement that Jennifer Hartviksen, Head of Fixed Income, would assume Lead Portfolio Manager duties on all Trimark Fixed Income mandates, including the Trimark Canadian Bond Fund and the fixed income portion of the Trimark Income Growth Fund.
Under Ms. Hartviksen's leadership, members of the team now focus on specific credit segments of the market to improve: 1) the effectiveness and depth of their coverage of the credit market; and 2) their ability to achieve stronger results for investors. Below is the current coverage responsibility* for the Trimark Fixed Income team:
- Health care, basic and consumer corporate - Jennifer Hartviksen
- Telecom, media, technology and consumer corporate - Anthony Imbesi
- Energy and industrials - Isam Walji
- Basic and consumer - Albert Ngo
*This coverage may change over time.
Prior to joining Invesco, Mr. Ngo was the associate director of high-yield trading at Scotia Capital, where he specialized in U.S. and Canadian high yield bonds and equities for the firm's proprietary trading desk. Previous positions have included associate portfolio manager, CPP Investment Board, and progressively senior positions at The Catalyst Capital Group, H.I.G. Capital - Bayside Capital, and Banc of America Securities
Summary of recent changes to the Trimark Fixed Income team:
- March 2013: we announced that Rex Chong, Head of Fixed Income, who had been on sabbatical since July, 2012, decided not to return to the firm and resigned effective January 24, 2013. We also announced that Alfred Samson would continue as lead portfolio manager on the Trimark Canadian Bond Fund and the fixed income portion of the Trimark Income Growth Fund.
- September 2013: we announced that Gary Lew, Portfolio Manager and analyst with the Trimark Fixed Income team, was no longer with the firm effective August 23, 2013; and that Jennifer Hartviksen joined Invesco as Head of Fixed Income, effective September 3, 2013.
- October 2013: we announced that Darren McKiernan, a Co-Portfolio Manager of the Trimark Fund, would be leaving the firm.
- January 2014: we announced that Jennifer Hartviksen, Head of Fixed Income, would assume Lead Portfolio Manager duties on all Trimark Fixed Income mandates.
We will continue to monitor the Trimark Fixed Income team and provide updates as necessary.
Please contact your Sun Life Financial Group Retirement Services representative.