my Sun Life Mobile just got brighter - with lump sum contributions
November 20, 2014
Did you know that in June 2014, there were 18 million smartphone users in Canada, up 12 per cent from the year before1?
Mobile technology is revolutionizing the way your plan members are interacting with companies and so, we are excited to launch several enhancements to my Sun Life Mobile - including Group Retirement Services’ first transactional feature that will make it easier for members to save on the go.
In December, we are launching:
- Lump sum contributions: Plan members who can make lump sum contributions on mysunlife.ca will be able to use their smartphone to make lump sum contributions to their eligible products. The feature walks members through easy-to-use screens that are customized based on the rules of your plan and what the member has already set up on mysunlife.ca.
- New additional services menu option: We're going mobile with the “my additional services” links currently available on the Personal Portfolio Home Page. Where applicable and where plan rules allow, members will be able to easily access information about other relevant and mobile-enabled services available through this new menu option on the mobile app.
- Educational content: Educational content will be available, including new calculators, videos and articles, to help your plan members make informed decisions about their plan.
- Better user experience: We are streamlining a few of the screens and improving the experience based on feedback from members.
These enhancements build on changes made earlier this Fall for those who have their benefits plan with Sun Life; members now have easy access to detailed information on their drug plan in the palm of their hand, including their coverage for specific drugs, a list of past claims, and information on drug specifics and comparable drug prices. For details on the drug plan coverage, access sunlife.ca/mobile. Information about the other enhancements will be added in December.
Our commitment to mobile innovation
As Canadians increasingly turn to their smartphones to manage their finances, we are committed to continually improving our mobile capabilities to make it more convenient for your members to take advantage of what your plan offers. They want to be able to do more transactions through my Sun Life Mobile...and our lump sum contribution feature is just the first step.
If you don’t provide mobile access or lump sum contributions for your plan members, now is the time to reconsider!
RRSP season is around the corner - encourage your plan members to use my Sun Life Mobile to contribute!
Now is a great time to encourage your plan members to go to sunlife.ca/mobile to download the app, explore the new features, rate the app - and consider making a lump sum contribution to their account.
- To help with promotion, the interactive demo on sunlife.ca/mobile will be updated with these newest changes.
- Your Group Retirement Services representative will have materials to help you create promotional campaigns, particularly for RRSP and bonus season.
Contact your Sun Life Financial Group Retirement Services representative.
1 comScore, October 2014