Plan ahead for the 2013 RRSP contribution reporting deadline
January 20, 2014
Monday, March 3, 2014, is the deadline for plan sponsors to submit their plan's RRSP contributions for the 2013 tax year.
- Online: Contributions submitted by an electronic file upload must be received by 2 p.m. ET, March 3, 2014. Please note: On March 3 only, the deadline for contributions keyed manually on the Plan Sponsor Services website will be extended to 11:59 p.m. ET.
- Mail: Mailed RRSP contributions must be received by Sun Life Financial by the March 3 deadline. Contributions date stamped by Sun Life Financial after this date will be applied towards the 2014 tax year.
Informing plan members
We are informing plan members about:
- the benefits of contributing to an RRSP;
- deadlines to make RRSP contributions for the 2013 tax year;
- extended Customer Care Centre hours on Saturday, February 22 and March 1 from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. ET;
- how to access duplicate RRSP receipts and tax slips from mysunlife.ca.
These messages are being communicated via mysunlife.ca, group benefit claims alert emails (where applicable), automated answering messages and on-hold messages from the Customer Care Centre.
Please contact your Sun Life Financial Group Retirement Services representative.