Introducing new investments for DB pension plans
July 22, 2013
Managing a DB pension plan in today’s economic environment has never been more challenging - low interest rates and volatile equity markets have led plan sponsors to look for a wider range of investment solutions to improve the financial health of their DB pension plans.
We're pleased to announce the addition of a target duration strategy and nine new funds that have been selected to meet the needs of DB pension plans. These new investments, along with our current core investment platform, provide the breadth needed to meet a full range of DB investment needs.
In addition to conventional equity and fixed income funds, we now provide:
- Target duration pools;
- Two core plus bond funds;
- Two corporate bond funds, one Canadian focused and one with exposure to non-Canadian credit;
- A real return bond indexed fund;
- A low volatility global equity fund and a global small cap equity fund;
- A balanced-risk allocation fund targeting equity-like returns with bond-like risk; and
- Expanded manager diversity in Canadian Equity Value
We will continue to evolve our investment solutions with new mandates in the next six to 18 months, including a Canadian direct real estate investment fund by the end of 2013.
Contact your Sun Life Financial Group Retirement Services representative.