De-risking defined benefit pension plans
September 30, 2015
Canadian Workplace Pensions Forum
Presenter: Heather Wolfe
Heather Wolfe joined a panel of experts to discuss pension de-risking, including:
- Sustainability of defined benefit pension plans
- What to do when defined benefit plans are frozen or closed
- Converting defined benefit plans to defined contribution plans
- Purchasing annuities to reduce defined benefit plan obligations
- Impact of the new mortality table proposed by the Actuarial Standards Board
- Outsourcing investments: shifting longevity risk to an insurance company when pensioners live longer than expected
- U.K. perspective: at the forefront of de-risking and governance
- Review presentation.
In the spotlight
The DB Pension Division
A new way to look at your DB pension plan and grow your company
The elimination of solvency funding – LDI's kryptonite?
Are recent changes to funding regulations affecting the need for LDI?